EARN WHILE YOU LEARN!
A Traineeship is a structured program, combining; study, hands-on work experience and paid employment.
The program can be completed as a full-time contract for 12 months or on a part-time contract over 18 months (minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week)
School Based Trainees complete over a period of 18 months, for 1 or 2 days per week)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- You can earn wages while you learn.
- You can complete your training early if you show you have the skills.
- You can get a qualification that is recognised Australia wide.
- You can start training while you're in school. (See School Based Traineeships)
You are eligible to apply for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- Have minimum year 10 completion or equivalent (Where an apprentice or trainee is under 18 years of age at the date of signing the training contract, the signed consent of a parent or guardian is required)
- Have not completed a qualification at a higher level
- Are an Australian citizen
- Permanent resident
- Are living in WA
QUALIFICATIONS AND FEES
BSB20115 Certificate II Business
BSB30115 Certficate III Business
CHC30113 Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care
ICT20115 Certificate II Information Digital Media and Technology
As a trainee your employer may cover these fees for you, alternatively there are flexible interest free payment options and plans available
Please contact a YMCA Training Advisor for more information or if you are interested in a qualification not listed above.
The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.
WHY THE Y
The YMCA is committed to providing opportunities for all people to grow in body, mind and spirit. We want to build strong people, strong families and strong communities.
Our values underpin everything we do. They are honesty, respect, responsibility and caring.
Students of YMCA Perth Training benefit from a range of additional training features including:
- Support via phone, email, discussion forums, worksite visits and tuition
- The option to work at your own pace to complete the qualification
- Credit recognition of prior learning and skills
- A designated Training Officer to mentor you through your qualification
- Flexible interest free payment options
Contact a YMCA WA representative today!