Traineeships - Student Information
A traineeship must be commenced in combination with an Employer, a Registered Training Organisation (such as The YMCA WA) and an Australian Apprenticeship Support Network (AASN) provider. (YMCA WA is not responsible for organising and/or providing you with an employer)
refer the following website for more info on Apprenticeships and Traineeships and finding an employer
You must maintain either Full Time or Part Time employment for the duration of your traineeship. (Casual employment is not allowed)
WHAT CAN I EXPECT?
- You can earn wages while you learn.
- You can complete your training early if you show you have the skills.
- You can get a qualification that is recognised Australia wide.
- You can start training while you're in school. (See School Based Traineeships)
You are eligible to apply for the program if you meet the following criteria:
- Have minimum year 10 completion or equivalent (Where an apprentice or trainee is under 18 years of age at the date of signing the training contract, the signed consent of a parent or guardian is required)
- Have not completed a similar qualification at a higher level
- Are an Australian citizen, a Permanent resident or hold an appropriate visa
- Are living in WA
WHAT DOES IT COST?
With a traineeship, the State Government funds a portion of your training fees and you are responsible for the remainder. As a trainee your employer may cover these fees for you, alternatively the YMCA WA has flexible interest free payment options available
Fees are fixed each financial year by the Department of Training and Workforce Development, but the overall cost will vary slightly from one certification to another (based on the level of the certification, plus the number of units and nominal hours for each unit).
Refer the following links for certification charges:
The student tuition fees contained in the above links are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees.
Please contact a YMCA Training Advisor for more information or if you are interested in a qualification not listed above.