About YMCA WA
To provide opportunities for children and young people to grow in body, mind and spirit.
Our 10 Year Vision
Communities across Western Australia are connected, inclusive and vibrant, and children and young people are developing and participating.
The following values connect us with our heritage and wider YMCA Community and define the worth of the people and communities we work with.
The YMCAs of Australia are guided to achieve their Mission by the following Christian values. We value:
- The whole person, consisting of a body, a mind and a spirit each of which is of equal importance.
- The dignity and intrinsic worth of all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, belief or other difference.
- Diversity of people, communities and nations.
- Equality of opportunity and justice for all people.
- Healthy communities based on relationships between people which are characterised by love, understanding and mutual respect.
- Acceptance of personal responsibility.
These core values translate into four key operational values:
- To be leaders in child and youth development.
- To own or manage community assets that align with our mission and generate resources that will be invested into our areas of focus.
- To deliver large-scale business activities that enable us to take control of our financial destiny.